A good way to earn RP (other than by completing jobs) in GTA Online is to get a high wanted level and then evade the police successfully. So to do this you can enter a convenience store and rob it (with a mask on of course), then get into a shoot out with the cops, then lose them, take off the mask (down one wanted level) and then continue to evade them until you lose your wanted level totally.
Easy Reputation Points via Racing
- Either you or your friend need to host a Criminal Records online race. You can find this under Jobs in a lobby.
- Make sure you setup the rules for the race as pictured further below. This is important.
- Then invite your friend in (or they invite you), choose any vehicle that you want and start the race.
- Note that you don’t really need to beat your friend, it might get you a few extra RP but it’s not really important.
- Just keep racing and you should be able to earn around 7,000 RP every 2 minutes. You are awarded the RP at the end of every lap.
- At the end of the race simply choose to replay it.
Easy Survival Mode
Easy Violent Duct Mission
Violent Duct is a mission that you get from Gerald once you hit level 15. It pays out $9K and is relatively easy to do. Here’s some quick ideas to get it done with as little hassle as possible.
So The Lost are doing a cocaine deal behind the Vanilla Unicorn and Gerald wants you to steal it. If you have at least one person with a decent gun it’s pretty easy.
Someone goes straight in while another circles around behind The Lost by jumping over the fence on the right (there’s a cargo container you can use). Then you simply mow them all down.
Once you get the coke one more van will show up. The person with the good gun can handle them, while the person who picked up the coke grabs a motorcycle and drives it towards the exit with the red/white bar.
You can then finish the mission easily, restock and do it again!
Hit down on the d-pad twice and your mini-map will expand.
Enterable Buildings / Locations
There are various places/locations/buildings in GTA Online that you can actually enter and go inside of and someone by the name of TerdSmash decided to create a handy list of them. Check out all the locations below along with hyperlinked map guide so you know exactly where to find it. Great for escaping the cops, your mates or that person trying to kill you!
- Airport Building 1
- Airport Building 2
- Pacific Standard Bank
- Construction Site
- Fire Station Garage
- Fire Station Tower
- Balcony 1
- Balcony 2
- Los Santos Customs
- The Mill
- The Strip Club
- Sniper Tower
- Apartment Complex Tunnel
- Los Santos Transit Station
- House Under Construction
- Rundown Motel
- Airfield Control Tower
- Trevor’s Meth Lab
- Empty Warehouse
- Merryweather Docks Control Room
- Run Down Boat House
- Upper Level Rooms Near CB HQ
- Clock Tower
- Dam Hallway
- Small Supermarket Room
Escaping a Dog Fight
One way to escape a dog fight is to simply call Lester and pay the $500 to hide your radar signal for one minute. As soon as it’s activated head straight up in the sky and then once you’re high enough, take off from your attacker.
Fast Travel #1
A quick and sneaky way to get across the map quickly is to simply select a race that is nearby to where you wanna go. Go the the race, enter the lobby and then drop out of it. You should then spawn at the start of the race location in free roam.
Fast Travel #2
There is a way to fast travel in GTA Online and this is how you do it.
- Hover over a mission icon. It can be a race or anything.
- Press X on the Xbox 360 or Square on the PS3 to go to the mission.
- Straight after that back out. You should spawn right outside the area where the mission was.
While riding your BMX tap R1 (PS3) or RB (Xbox 360) and hold forward slightly on the left analog stick. This should keep the front wheel on thhe ground and you should go a lot faster than you would otherwise.
Just make sure that the very first car you ever steal in GTA Online is the very best you can find. This is because otherwise you’ll be forced to cruise around in whatever piece of crap you managed to get until you have enough cash for something new… and this might be a while.
Find Out How Much Bounty is Worth
If you want to find out how much the bounty on a player is worth (like before you blow $3K worth of rockets on destroying him) simply call Lester and try to place a bounty yourself on the person. Lester will then tell you what the current bounty is.
Flying Hints & Tips for Pilots
- A series of minor adjustments can often be more helpful than large adjustments, particularly if you are hovering or trying to do a similarly precise task. Such minor adjustments are the only way to counteract turbulence. Holding the bumpers does not work.
- Do not worry about turbulence when you are flying quickly. Your helicopter will adjust itself as long as you continue to push the analog stick forward.
- If you are chasing a bounty then their auto aim will go directly to you (as pilot of the chopper). If you get killed then chances are the chopper will go down and everyone else will die. For this reason you should always be wearing body armor and make sure you’re covered at all times.
- If you are flying at a high speed in the helicopter, you can use this trick to stop quickly. Move the analog stick to either the left or the right and hold down the bumper that corresponds to that direction. This will make the helicopter spin, dip down, and then dip up. When it points up, release the analog stick and the bumper. You will have slowed considerably.
- Protect your helicopter’s tail rotor. It is one of the helicopter’s biggest weak spots.
- The Buzzard or Annihilator are the best choppers to use if you are bounty hunting in GTA Online. They can carry four people each and both are pretty maneuverable.
- The most basic thing to keep in mind for helicopter combat is that you must always be in motion, so that your enemies cannot hit you as easily.
- To go into a steep nosedive, push the analog stick forward and hold down LT (Xbox 360) / L2 (PS3). Be sure to leave yourself a few hundred feet to come out of the dive.
- When you are flying at a high speed, pushing the analog stick to the left or the right will send you into a roll, which will help you maintain your speed through turns.
- You can protect yourself by pulling down on the analog stick while holding down RT (Xbox 360) / R2 (PS3). Whoever is shooting at you will only be able to hit the armored helicopter, not your character. You can perform a similar technique to protect your side gunner by pulling the analog stick to the side opposite that of the gunner.