GTA 5 Facts – Grand Theft Auto V Facts
GTA 5 Cheats always give you upto date information on GTA. These are the GTA 5 Facts or called Grand Theft Auto V facts! Everything you need to know about GTA 5 – Grand Theft Auto V, in an easy-to-read format.
- GTA Online
- Grand Theft Auto V was developed by Scotland-based Rockstar North (the same studio that made the previous games) and published by Rockstar Games.
- The game was released worldwide on Tuesday September 17, 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- A new-gen version of GTA V was developed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, featuring better graphics and new features such as first person camera mode.
- The game was released on Tuesday November 18, 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while the PC version was released on Tuesday April 14, 2015 for PC.
- The game focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California. Money is a major theme.
- The game follows the story of Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton and Trevor Phillips.
- Michael and Trevor used to do bank jobs together up north. Michael was injured during a failed mission in 2004, and Trevor believed that he was dead. In actual fact, Michael made a deal with the FIB which involved faking his death.
- As part of the deal with the FIB, Michael takes his family to Los Santos to start a new life and they are entered into the witness protection program.
- Franklin, the youngest of the three protagonists, is looking to escape the hood life and make some serious cash. Michael takes him under his wing.
- Michael misses the thrill of criminal life and he soon returns to his old ways. FIB agent Dave Norton, who helped Michael fake his own death so that Dave could take the credit, is concerned that Michael is attracting unwanted attention.
- There are multiple endings to the story (3 in total) which the player can choose.
- The game takes roughly the same amount of time to complete as Red Dead Redemption.
- The game is set in Los Santos (Rockstar’s take on Los Angeles, California) and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches.
- The game takes place in the present day (2013).
- Many cities and districts in Los Angeles County have been recreated in GTAV. These include, but are not limited to: Hollywood (Vinewood), Downtown Los Angeles (Downtown Los Santos), Koreatown (Little Seoul), Venice (Vespucci) and Santa Monica.
- For the first time in the series, the GTAV map is open from the beginning, with the exception of some protected areas.
- The setting includes a fully explorable ocean floor.
- The game features three playable characters: Michael, Trevor and Franklin. You can switch between them at any time off-mission, and at certain points during missions. The idea is to expose the player to as much of the action as possible.
- Michael, voiced by actor Ned Luke, is a retired bank robber who is currently in the witness protection program after making a deal with the FIB.
- Trevor is a former military pilot who did a few bank jobs with Michael back in the day.
- Franklin is the youngest of the three protagonists. He works at a luxury car dealership.
- Each main character has their own personality, motivations and skillset. When you’re not controlling them, their lives continue and you may be surprised to see what situations they find themselves in when you switch back.
- Characters are customizable. You can take them to tattoo parlors, clothes shops and barber shops.
- Each character is rated in a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic and Lung Capacity.
- Specials abilities are governed by a meter – it drains after use and recharges slowly.
- Other skill categories are shared and can be improved by completing missions, side missions, activities and more.
- Shooting stat will affect steadiness of aim, amount of ammo you can carry, aim stability, etc. (You can go to the shooting range to increase stat. Also goes up if you kill an enemy. You are rewarded for better kills like head shots).
- You can switch between the three main characters at any point when not on a mission. When you switch, the camera zooms out to the sky and then back down to the character that you selected.
- There is a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife, including dogs, coyotes and sharks.
- An accessible blimp (airship) is visible on the Los Santos skyline, near the downtown area, similar to the one featured in GTA: Vice City. The blimp is accessible with a downloadable content pack.
- A lot of new side activities are available, including yoga, hunting, jet skiing, base-jumping, cycling, tennis and golfing (on a full golf course!). Bowling, Strip Clubs, Live comedy and in-game TV make a return.
- Friends don’t call as often as they did in GTA IV. The phone is more streamlined and used for things like emails and Internet browsing.
- Random character encounters, similar to those featured in GTA IV, feature in the game. This time there is a greater variety of encounters (58 in total) and the characters are all fully motion captured.
- Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead’s “Random World Events”, make a return. There are 57 in total, and examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them – which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.
- Dynamic music is featured during missions, similar to Rockstar’s previous games Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire.
- Grand Theft Auto V features some, but not many, returning characters from GTA IV. For example, Patrick McReary and Rocco Pelosi return.
- Players can access the online Stock Market and trade stock, earning potentially massive profits if the companies do well.
- Mission types vary among big and small events, explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies – plus classic GTA missions, but updated and improved.
- There are 69 main story missions in total.
- Of the main storyline missions, there are several complex missions focused on heists in style of “Three Leaf Clover” from GTA IV. One mission involves robbing a high-end jewellery store in the GTA V equivalent of Rodeo Drive, called Portola Drive.
- Sometimes during missions, the character switching is scripted and happens automatically.
- Some heists require hiring crew members in order to be executed. These characters specialize in different areas such as wheelman, gunman, technician, and so on.
- Players must secure vehicles, outfits, masks and getaway vehicles prior to heists.
- The execution of the heist must be flawless. They require the right crew (which you can recruit) and players have to decide on the cheap option, which results in less skilled people, or paying more for skilled crew members that take a larger cut of the money.
- These additional characters are able to specialize in different areas such as wheelman, gunman, technician, and so on.
- Hiring the same crew members across several heists (assuming they survive) allows their skills to improve.
- GTA V features the largest selection of vehicles in any GTA game.
- Unlike previous games, cargo space can be used to seat characters – it is no longer just empty space.
- Convertible cars with functional roofs are included.
- Jet-skis are among the many new vehicles to feature in GTAV.
- Several aircraft can be flown, including helicopters, sea planes, crop dusters, private jets, military jets and for the first time in the series, blimps.
- Huge semi-trailer trucks can be driven, just like those featured in GTA: San Andreas.
- Vehicle physics have been updated. The cars hold to the ground a bit better. It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt big and boat like.
- Vehicles can also be customized. Customizations include paintjobs, wheels, window tints, grills and spoilers, along with robust performance upgrades to suspension, engine, brakes, and more that make meaningful changes to the way vehicles feel and handle. There are more than 1000 vehicle modifications available, both cosmetic and performance.
- Weapon selection has been overhauled: you now select your weapons from a weapon wheel.
- The main weapon wheel is broken down into a series of subcategories; after scrolling with the stick to the weapon type you want, left and right on the D-pad will cycle between additional individual weapons.
- The wheel will store all of the weapons you collect and you will never lose them, even if they run out of ammo or you get busted. It’s estimated that players can hold about 14 weapons.
- Weapons can be customized with silencers, scopes, extended mags, laser sights, and more.
- There are variable targeting options including free aim, soft lock, and hard lock (similar to Max Payne 3.)
- Ammu-Nation gun stores make a return to the series.
- Players can leave a trail of gasoline and ignite it.
- GTA Online was launched on October 1, 2013.
- Like Max Payne 3, GTA 5 multiplayer (called GTA Online) features “Crews”. Join a team game with a fellow Crew member and you’ll start receiving bonus XP for select, mutually-beneficial actions, such as rescuing them from near death or assisting them with a kill.
- Although there is no co-op mode in single player, co-op modes are available in multiplayer. Players can team up to complete jobs (drug missions, heists, etc.)
- GTA: Online allows players to make their own impromptu modes based on, currently, Deathmatch and Race, using the in-game content creator.
- Players can customize both the appearance of their character and the appearance of their personal vehicles, which they can store in a garage.
- GTA Online is constantly being developed by Rockstar Games. Downloadable content packs are released on a regular basis.
- GTA 5 offers 15 radio stations with a total of 240 songs and 2 talk show stations.
- It is also the first game in the GTA series to have its own original score to accompany missions and other important parts of gameplay.
- GTA 5 runs on the latest version of Rockstar’s proprietary game engine, RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine), allowing for an unprecedented level of realism and interactivity.
- Like most of Rockstar’s recent titles, GTA V uses Natural Motion’s Euphoria character behavior system. Animations are created on the fly and depend on the specific situation that the character finds himself in. As such, each player’s experience is unique.
- Sky effects in GTA V are the most realistic we have seen yet in the series. There are several layers of (different types of) clouds, with each layer behaving differently. Clouds also have shadows.